Sunday, November 22, 2009

Losing Its Teeth

--Spoilers Alert!--

First of all, I am a fan of The Vampire Diaries (6/10), and really, vampires in general. This show following the vampire Salvatore brothers and the grief-stricken orphan Elena, began the season on a high note-I was hooked immediately. A witch best friend? History references? A sexy good vampire, Stefan, and his (also sexy) seemingly evil brother, Damon? A sweet love story that seems to be destined? Be still my beating heart!


However, the last few episodes have been falling short of my expectations. The story line has mostly been solid, and the characters are still (mostly) lovable and charming. The main problem also happens to be (in my opinion) the main part of the story: Stefan and Elena's relationship. At first their budding romance was sweet and my heart held on to them, week to week. Then-the annoyances began. After Stefan "came out" as a vampire he and Elena began the classically aggravating "I can't do this."-"I think we can be together"-"I can't do this!"--Elena worrying about being in a relationship with a vampire, then when she came around (for the second time) Stefan decided he was too dangerous for her. Ugh.


The last episode-The Turning Point-seemed like it may have been a reprieve! At last, the couple this show centers around will stop their whining and be together! Elena's confession of love put a stop to Stefan's self sacrifice and the two had a passionate scene-culminating in what looked like wonderful sex :). But just when I was giddy with joy, watching them cuddle in the afterglow-stupid Stefan went to get Elena a drink and left her alone in his room to find a picture of Katherine (the vampire who turned him during the Civil War)-who happens to be a mirror image of her. Stefan returned to find his room empty-and then we had one of those wonderful cliff hangers that we all love. *sigh* I'm holding out hope that The Vampire Diaries will redeem itself-the twinkle in Damon's eye will continue to make me hold on. Really I'd give the ranking for the first half of the season thus far an (8/10) and these last few episodes (4/10)- (the plot has been going a little ADD lately too), so let's see if we can redouble our efforts, c'mon Vampires!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Awww....Sam...

    The word "be" has a an 'e' in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't often say this, but: EPIC FAIL! I didn't write this, HippenPants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops :P

    OOh and thanks Sam, I couldn't think of a decent title, this one is MUCH better lol. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. :)

    Oh, and I love the VD too, but it is getting worse and worse. It's verging on 90210 territory now. I think it's funny that the guy who plays Stefan had a one episode guest spot on the OC 6 years ago as a college student, and now he's playing a high schooler. Time warp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeahhh, he also starred in abcfamily's FALLEN mini/movie series like 4 years ago or something and he was in High School then too, I love him, though. The best actor on that show is probably Ian Somerhalder (Damon)-some girls in my class are constantly raving about it, and it's true-he's very good.

    ReplyDelete